We bid goodbye to quite a few activists who have moved on for reasons of age, health or the economy. Pinellas Libertarians are laying groundwork this year and re-contacting with the local Club to build district/precinct teams in the next few years. This is a first for the LP and what has been done in e.g. Costa Rica LP. UPDATE 2009/8: Participate at: ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LibertarianPinellasOrganizers/ ) These include:
- More people in office and several in multiple offices, including 2 youths on youth boards…on 3 boards! We’re also talking to several mayoral candidates interested in participating via the Club.
- Prepare mass materials distribution to 10% of voters such as with the DISCOVER LIBERTY tabloid (We’re working with the CLUB [ http://www.tampabaylibs.org/index.htm ] participants and a benefactor to purchase the remaining 40,000 for that purpose as they’re being retired; if not, we’ll be –and you can start–using LP materials [ http://www.lpstuff.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=161 ], the QUIZ [ http://www.lpstuff.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=50 ], or issue papers from www.ISIL.org. There are LPPC or LIO materials under design for community development).
- Prepare re-contact and solicitation of volunteers for public office, precinct outreach, state initiatives, and issue activism
- Soliciting interest in advancing strong Libertarian proposals directly via the initiative
- Encourage precinct development by saturation outreach of materials
- Discussions with people in office of other parties interested in joining the LP, the Club, or working co-operatively on common issues
We finished participation in the Adopt-A-Road program, with thousands seeing Libertarian Club or simply “Libertarian” signs daily in 5 areas throughout the county.